Hello awesome people !
Today's topic is - ADAMANTINOMA ! (and no it's not what would only happen to Wolverine! Haha see what I did there ?! )
1)Also known as Ameloblastoma (Ameloblasts are enamel forming cells), Eve's disease (looks like ADAM & EVE had a tiff over who'd name it, and clearly it was a draw! :p)
2) Its a benign tumor, but behaves like a malignant one, it metastasizes to lungs. (so wanna be)
3) Sites : #Mandible (most common site) (anyone else going weak in the knees seeing Hugh Jackman's jawline?, cool now you'll remember it better!)
Talking of knees, #Tibia is the 2nd most common site !
#Pituitary because the stalk of pituitary and enamel arise from oral epithelium
3) Slow growing tumor, with multiple cystic spaces...patients often complain of falling teeth or fracture mandible :(
4) X ray shows a "Honeycomb" appearence
5) Treatment? Well since this tumor is very "Adamant" simple curettage will cause recurrence, hence we do a wide excision (1cm margin)...Sometimes a Hemimandibulectomy may have to be done! (Sounds like what Wolverine would do to his enemies!)
All the Wolverine fans put your hands up and read this again !! :p
That's about it !!