Hi everyone! I'm back with a note. This time on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's).
This is a crisp summary of what we need to know about them as Doctors or Health Care Practitioners (in any part of the world). They're so important that a major chunk of the Coldplay concert in Mumbai was based on them. (And every other person spoke about them. How Magic-al).
And they're Also very important for the Community Medicine students from India. So here goes :
SDG's were adopted by nations of the world on 25th September, 2015 to be achieved till 2030.
They want to do 3 P's.
Bring Prosperity to all and
Protect the planet.
A. The important Health related Goals :
(Mnemonic by our IkaN)
pH HE EWE
(HE EWE as in Adam and Eve)
3 Health care
B. Goal 3: Ensure Healthy lives and Promote Well Being.
Remember: BAMS VIP
Baby Adult Mother Sex.
(OR : Adult and Mother have Sex to get Baby)
Vaccine. Infections. Pollution.
- Neonatal Mort - has 12 letters , so to be reduced to less than 12 by 2030.
- Under 5 Mortality Rate - 5*5 = 25. So less than 25 by 2030
- Decrease the burden of NCDs to one third of present.
- Mental health burden to be reduced. Tobacco control.
- Drug abuse to be tackled.
- Maternal Mortality to less than 70 per 1 lakh world wide.
- Sexual health and reproductive health strengthening.
- Promote and develop.
- Tackle TB HIV Malaria Other tropical diseases Diarrheal diseases.
- Air, Water, Soil, Noise pollution to be tackled.
Kudos to IkaN who helped me out of this tough spot. This was a life saver and you're the best :* :)
Hope this helps everyone.
Until next time.