I'm back with another ophthalmology post. This one is more of a clinical post , something that would be important to you in any specialty! Hope you like it. :)
So our life is all about being a successful doctor at the moment. Cause we wanna be good at our jobs !
Everyone wants to succeed at the work place. But there are loads of occupational hazards or diseases that we end up acquiring or aggravating due to the kind of job we do.
In this post I'll be talking to you about what ocular diseases can occur in Association with certain occupations.
- Occur commonly in farmers, driving school teachers and construction workers.
- Due to exposure to sunlight for a long duration of time.
2. Fungal corneal ulcer or other fungal infections of the eye
- can occur commonly in farmers again. Because they are at a higher risk of vegetative trauma
3. Computer vision syndrome :
- seen in people working with electronic devices on an extensive level.
- the complains include dry eye , headache , eye strain , neck and shoulder aches.
- Simple tip for prevention - called the 20 20 20 rule.
Every 20 minutes look away from the screen for at least 20 seconds at an object about 20 feet away.
- Frequent blinking.
- Use of Lubricant for the eye.
- Use of anti glare screen/ spectacles.
4. Miner's nystagmus :
- seen in coal workers.
- Photophobia and night blindness may accompany the Nystagmus.
5. Glass blower's cataract :
- Occurs in glass makers.
- infrared rays cause damage to the lens producing this kind of cataract.
6. Welder's flash :
- seen in welders.
- It's a form of Photokeratitis
- Occurs due to UV rays
- causes abrasion , conjunctivitis and eye strain.
That's all for today !
Hope this helped.
Stay awesome !